Essential Bra Making 101 – your bra making class!
Would you like to learn how to sew your own bra, one that fits and expands your sewing skills?
Join the Queen of Cups for a hands-on, two day workshop where:
- you’ll learn about the structure of bras and the materials suitable for bra making
- You’ll receive a bra pattern that is fit specifically for you, so you can make as many bras as you would like for yourself!
- you’ll construct at least one, possibly two bras based on your pattern, in a small class setting (four people maximum.)
The course fee is $275 plus HST. (Why? See our FAQs)
Ready to Register?
You can register directly with Patch Halifax for this class online.
The Course Includes:
- Two days of instruction from professional bra maker Abby Pond
- One complete essential bra kit, which includes the fabric, elastics, findings (sliders and rings, hook and eye closure and bow), and underwires
- One copy of the Pinup Girls Classic bra pattern in your size range
- One personalized, fitted bra pattern for you
- Course materials on bra construction process, materials, and more
- Coffee, tea, and refreshments throughout the day (a kitchen will be on site if you wish to eat lunch)
You will also have the opportunity to purchase additional bra kits, fabric, findings, wires, and learning materials. The fabric in a bra kit is usually enough to construct 2 bras, but you will need to purchase the findings, elastics and wires to complete it.
By the end of the two days, you will have completed at least one basic bra in a pattern fit for you, and have learned the skills to construct your own bras at home with pattern fitted to you.
This course is not for beginning sewists. You will need to have solid basic sewing skills, including sewing straight and curved seams. Experience working with 1/4″ seams is also an asset.
What to bring
You will need to bring the following with you when you come to your course:
- thread to match your chosen kit colour (available for purchase at Patch)
- machines and cutting materials supplied, but if you have a favourite seam ripper, scissors, nippers, or rotary cutter, bring them along
- a pen/pencil for notes and tracing
When you register, you’ll receive a course outline and more details of the course itself.
Bring Bra Making to your community
Would you like to see a bra making workshop in your community? Contact Abby to discuss how we can make it happen!